Recently I shared the news that Aldi started a new gluten free product line called Live G Free. I also shared a review of the Live G Free Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix. Today we’re going to talk about the Live G Free Gluten Free Cornbread Mix. I’ve included the ingredients and instructions below so you can see how simple it is to make.
Live G Free Gluten Free Cornbread Mix Ingredients & Directions:
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat 1 egg, 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup milk in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in Cornbread Mix, beat well for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour batter in a greased 8″ x 8″ x 2″ pan. Let stand 10 minutes.
5. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I was very impressed with this cornbread. The taste is much sweeter than I remember ‘real’ cornbread but even so, this is a solid, affordable choice at only $2.99 for a box and is easily comparable to any other gluten free cornbreads I’ve tried. Aldi’s is really shaping up to be a great place to buy gluten free food! I’ll be sharing more favorites I’ve discovered in the future.